News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

3pdt question

Started by Seven64, July 19, 2011, 12:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seven64

so i put back togeather my slow gear for an enclosure (i had it working outside of the enclosure) but i can't get it to pass any sound when in the enclosure.

i dont know how i had it wired outside of the enclosure because it was a few months ago, but i ripped it all apart because it was very sloppy.  i put it back togeather using the GGG wiring layout found here:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_sgo_lo_wiring.pdf

i only changed 1 thing tho.  i swapped the green wire from the PCB with the yellow wire from the tip of the input jack's locations on the 3pdt switch.  this makes it standard layout per the FAQ for this site, as long as the jumper at the bottom is changed as well.

i was wondering if that would throw off the non-bypass signal because of how the LED is wired.

when i plugged it in last night, the LED came on momentarily then turned off and hasn't came back on since.  I am not sure if i burned it up or not, but i don't see why just plugging in the pedal would burn up the LED. 

Govmnt_Lacky

My suggestion:

Keep It Simple Silly....

Wire it up AS PER THE GGG layout.  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Seven64

my qualm was that it was not wired that way when i had it working outside of the enclosure. 

anywhoo, wired it up like that, and it works like a champ!

also, there was a solder bridge between the leads on my LED which was why it wasnt working!