1590B Ge Rangemaster PCB W/ On board Pot, Trims, MAX1044 & Input Cap Switch

Started by Scruffie, August 05, 2011, 12:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Another on board pot PCB layout, this time for the Dallas Rangemaster, using a MAX1044 Charge Pump to deliver the voltage so this can run in a standard negative ground rig.

Also has an on board On/Off/On DPDT Switch to select from 3 different input caps (Current values are just guesses, experiment) on board trimmers... polarity protection, think that's it!

Caps have pads spaced for either mylar or box caps, you can drill it for either and the trimmers also have two different spacings to accept most horizontal trimmer types.

The circles under the trimmers are so you can drill holes to reach them through the back of the board as for the first time with one of my layouts, the Pot and Switch mount on the front of the board instead of the back! There is also a hole provided for a Test Point (T.P) so you can stick your multimeter in when adjusting to see what voltage you're getting on the collector.

Board is unverified and measures 54.61 x 43.82mm, it will easily fit a 1590B with a battery.

I Hope I got the DPDT spacing right but you may want to print off the layout first and check (I don't own a printer to do so) if it's not right it should only require some slight bending to have it fit...

ch1naski

Old post, but thanks. Never enough rangemaster layouts, as far as I'm concerned. :)
Mockingbird wish me luck.