If it works, use it

Started by petemoore, November 17, 2011, 09:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Wait 'till it breaks before opening the unit.
   I realize this type of language can illicit defiance and an intractable urge to modify. With care, modification with immunity from damage is possible...how many times has this theory gone wrong ?
  Remember: what starts as a want for a brighter LED indicator sometimes ends up producing a pedal [and indicator] that doesn't even work at all and may be expensive to replace.
   Part of the reason for my defiance stemmed from the learning experiences gained from taking apart things that worked, if I hadn't broken them, I'd never have figured out what made them stop ticking...hence learning some things about what makes things 'tick' !
  Suggestion: if you'll miss it and it's expensive to replace...practice guitar or something else you can do besides mod it, maybe build a second one to mess around with first.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

R.G.

As the homily says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

boogietone

Kinda reminds me of a friend's alarm clock in college. It's bit fuzzy now what the original problem was but it definitely did not work after I opened it up. Probably my first smoke test.
An oxymoron - clean transistor boost.