Creepy fingers's Infinity fuzz...

Started by artsinbloodshed, November 30, 2011, 04:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artsinbloodshed

hey guys!
Does someone have a schematics of that pedal?
regarding the number of knobs, I assume it's probably a modified fuzz face...
They say it's an hybrid sil/germanium trans inside and it stinged my curiosity... :icon_biggrin:
thanks!
I was born the year Elvis passed away...it probably means something!

jafo

Heh, that's like putting a Chevy engine in a Ford chassis... a capital crime here in snowy Michigan! :D

Anyhoo, Google led me to this page, which mentions "Infinity Fuzz #2(bad ass Fuzz Face Ge/Si hybrid)." Judging from the few clips I've found (it's only been five minutes), it seems to have the FF vibe.
I know that mojo in electronics comes from design, but JFETs make me wonder...

artsinbloodshed

thanks!
As it is mentioned that the germanium part is "stable", I assume it's not a Ge based trans but more of a Ge diode put somewhere, maybe in the feed back loop or at the tail of the circuit...
I'll try to make a prototype but even if I put some caps to get rid of the radio freq and the hiss, diode will definitely increase it nonetheless...!
What's you best guess about the design guys?
I was born the year Elvis passed away...it probably means something!

joegagan

brad has told me in emails that my early fuzz designs were an influence. if it is hybrid Si/Ge, it might be similar to an easyface.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.