Is there a build pictorial for a PNP Pedal?

Started by Henry89789, December 01, 2011, 02:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry89789

I saw the beginner's  threads re:  the NPN Boost.   Is there something similar to show the changes that should be made when building a PNP pedal such as the Germanium fuzz face?

darron

good question.

whenever i need to refresh wrapping my head around using PNP and especially PNP with negative ground I like to double check my work by looking at tonepad.com 's layout and schematic for the PNP fuzz face. carefull with negative ground though, the guys here will try to talk you out of it...

http://tonepad.com/project.asp?id=38

check out the layout PDF on that page...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

petemoore

Yup, use a PNP Pos Gnd. for your PNP Ge's or risk your oscillation/troubles with Neg supplied/inverted FF...
   Nope, Neg and Pos can't share the same power supply because connecting +/- equals a direct short condition.
  Max1044 or other voltage conversion can fit on a small internal board and allow plugging the supply of the FF to a 'regular' supply with other NPN/Neg Gnd. effects, otherwise it's a battery or other dedicated PS for the +ground supply circuits.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

DavenPaget

Quote from: petemoore on December 02, 2011, 08:01:03 AM
  Yup, use a PNP Pos Gnd. for your PNP Ge's or risk your oscillation/troubles with Neg supplied/inverted FF...
   Nope, Neg and Pos can't share the same power supply because connecting +/- equals a direct short condition.
  Max1044 or other voltage conversion can fit on a small internal board and allow plugging the supply of the FF to a 'regular' supply with other NPN/Neg Gnd. effects, otherwise it's a battery or other dedicated PS for the +ground supply circuits.
A good replacement ( cheapest ) would be TC1044SEPA at UK's Farnell . I haven't checked anywhere else .
Hiatus