News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Valvecaster woes

Started by goldstache, December 01, 2011, 05:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldstache

This is my first post.  So glad to be aboard.  I recently have built a valvecaster.  It's operating a 12 volts and has regulator after the power jack.  It worked great for a little.  Then no glow.  I measure the dc jack with a DMM and it reads 4 volts.  What might have happened to my other 8 or so volts.  It used to measure 15 volts and 12 after the regulator.  Nothing in between the DC jack and the regulator.  What gives?????   Thanks in advance.

DavenPaget

Hiatus

iccaros

Quote from: goldstache on December 01, 2011, 05:07:45 PM
This is my first post.  So glad to be aboard.  I recently have built a valvecaster.  It's operating a 12 volts and has regulator after the power jack.  It worked great for a little.  Then no glow.  I measure the dc jack with a DMM and it reads 4 volts.  What might have happened to my other 8 or so volts.  It used to measure 15 volts and 12 after the regulator.  Nothing in between the DC jack and the regulator.  What gives?????   Thanks in advance.

follow the post above, but first guess is you overloaded the regulator, they are rated @ 1amp and so much heat. With out seeing what you did (pictures and wiring diagram) along with other measurements (voltages on all pins of the tube) we can not help as we have no ideal