News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Modding Ibanez CS5

Started by Tomcat706, December 04, 2011, 09:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat706

I found an old cs5 soundtank in my church's closet, it sounds good but was wondering if I could get Leslie sounds or even a reverb type thing out of it. I opened the back up to look around and can't get the board out for anything. Any help on the mod/ getting the board out would be greatly appreciated.

Quackzed

iirc from my ts-5 'potatoe bug' pedal, the 2 jacks are board mounted, and theres a screw holding the bottom of the pcb to the plastic enclosure, if you remove the screw, you should be able to 'gently' lift up that side of the board-bottom- and slide it down such that the jacks will slide out of the holes on top and remove it. as for more leslie type sounds, you may want a bigger 'time cap' that is, there will be a cap very close to the timer ic, not sure what ic is used in that pedal, but once you find it, locate the time cap, should be close to the chip btween 2 of the chips pins, and make it a bit bigger. the cap determines how much delay there is btween clean signal and modulated signal, also affects how much wobble. a slightly bigger cap will give more wobble / vibrato.. and will be closer to a leslie type sound...
search suggestions chorus  'time cap' delay time cap 'timing cap' etc..
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!