News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Keeley Wah mods

Started by yalesmith, December 07, 2011, 08:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yalesmith

Anyone have a layout or information on a the Keeley wah mods?  I look and did not find anything....I have heard clips and it appears he has out did himself.

Thanks

joegagan

i repaired one a few months back. it is a pretty straightforward set of mods.

there is a second inductor ( red fasel ) that is switched,  off, series or parallel with the main inductor ( yellow fasel). this alone  gives the wah a lot of different Qs without a bunch of sweep caps like other mods have.

the components on the late model gcb95 seem to  be pretty much stock, possibly a few resistor changes ( look up vocal mods online for the usual changes). the transistors looked stock. dunlop buffer still in place. stock 100k hotpotz2, a very good choice for durability.

common gain/bass/volume mod, a 5k pot. i did not note where this hooked into the circuit.

overall, i think this was a well thought out set of changes, they didn't have to mess with the  board much at all. the mod wires tie into the traces on the back.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

yalesmith

I am new to WAH modding as well as wah's in general.  I figured it is about time i add one to my rig.  I have modded a bunch of pedals so I need to bone up on Wah modding in general.  I was interested to see if there were instructions similar to his ds-1 mods....get an idea on what he is doing... I hate opening something up with no direction.

thanks

joegagan

cool to know where you are coming from. welcome to our forum!

the most important component in wah modding is the sweep cap. normally the .01 or .015 after the inductor, heading to Q2. look it up.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.