Home-Wrecker Angel Smoothy?

Started by JacktheRiffer, December 07, 2011, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacktheRiffer

Before I lay this thing out is there a verified layout available?

Heres the schem: http://www.home-wrecker.com/angelduty.html

It's the first one

WGTP

Wow that was a long time ago.  No one has ever shown any interest in them, so I doubt there is a layout.  ;)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

cortey

Breadboard it, and tell us if it works :)
Projects:
Fuzz Companion
Ibanez PT-909 PhazeTone clone (current project)
Boss DM-3 Analog Delay
more to come...

petemoore

Easy Face into Blackfire...
   Have done such things, the BF stage is a fine choice to accept a FF output impedance and would certainly also distort as it [AIUI] provides as much boost an active stage can produce.
   Have had a BF stage floating around for some time, the 'extra' transistor is nonimal cost and I found the sound/performance to be a very useful block to build with.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

JacktheRiffer

WGTP

I don't think it was around when I did these, but a Vulcan stage would also work, as would a SHO or Fetzer after the Fuzz Face.  The one I boxed was a Black Fire into a Syrrp.  Good luck.  ;)

JacktheRiffer

syrrp? whats that? and the Fuzz face into SHO is a good idea

DavenPaget

Quote from: JacktheRiffer on December 08, 2011, 07:07:22 PM
syrrp? whats that? and the Fuzz face into SHO is a good idea
That's a boost i believe .
By Tim Escobedo .
Hiatus

WGTP

Check Geofex for the 7.7.01 article on Mu Amps.  I spelled it wrong. SRPP.  Yes Tim spelled it different too.  It is basically a Mu amp with a resistor added between the Jfets to increase gain and lower output impedance.  Some folks don't think it is necessary.  Check the Angel Booty and Duty.  It is used in the BSIAB and other hi-gain pedals and also as a booster as a single stage.  ;)

chi_boy

Quote from: WGTP on December 08, 2011, 12:27:27 AM
Wow that was a long time ago.  No one has ever shown any interest in them, so I doubt there is a layout.  ;)

Did you build any of them??  The text makes it sound like they were theoretical only.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

WGTP

As I indicated the Angel Booty is boxed and sounds great.  I like the Blackfire and Mu stages better than the Fuzz Face.  My thinking at the time was to create a Fuzz Face into an amp tone.  Since then I have been more into Distortions than Fuzzes.  ;)