face-lift for moosapotamus.net

Started by moosapotamus, March 06, 2012, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosapotamus

Please let me know if you find anything that's not working right. It's still brand new! 8)

moosapotamus.net

Thanks
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Govmnt_Lacky

Might just be my work system but, the new site seems to be wacky?

Is it my system or is anyone else having that problem?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

DocAmplify

I don't know if it's wacky the same way, but I'm getting really long load times when I click a new page. 

Vince_b

Same thing for me, every page takes really long to load.

artifus

seemed fine when i had a look a while ago but is now slow - could it be that every online diysb member and guest are currently trying to check it out?!

frank_p

Mark Hammer

Mike Burgundy

Same here - slow, but looking good! Loading the DI page as an example took some 20s to change page, then about 2 to finish loading the pics (Chrome)

Phorhas

Electron Pusher

danamoose

SUPER SLOW - Looks like a nice site but to slow to maintain my attention span.... :)

moosapotamus

Hmmm... Thanks all. Now that it's live, I'm actually finding it a bit slow myself. >:(

Made the switch to WordPress. Now I wonder if I settled on using a bloated WP template? Or what else could be bogging it down? ???

Guess I need to tinker with it some more.

Thanks
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

wavley

New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

artifus

Quote from: artifus on March 06, 2012, 01:55:56 PM
seemed fine when i had a look a while ago but is now slow - could it be that every online diysb member and guest are currently trying to check it out?!

seems fine again now.

Mustachio

Check out w3.org its a web standards site that has validation look ups. I use it when I build sites to make sure things will work across multi platforms etc.

http://validator.w3.org/unicorn/check?ucn_uri=moosapotamus.net%2F&ucn_task=conformance#

can help speed up the loading time of pages when you are w3 compliant :D

Site looks real nice !

http://www.w3.org/     right side half way down the page is some validation options.
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

moosapotamus

Thanks, Mustachio! I'll check it out.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

Vince_b

I don't know if you have changed anything yet, but right now it's working fine for me.

evogel99

Thanks for the revamp - love having access to the Stompboxology stuff - now much easier to get to and use. Thx!

nobodysweasel

The new site looks great.  I was actually going to contact you about the stompboxology portion of your site.  I find it rather clunky to have each page as a separate image file, so I was thinking about converting everything to PDFs.  If I did that, would you be interested in the files for your website?  PM me if you want them and I'll get to converting in the next week or so.

snarblinge

Love the neon underblack lights look, took me a minute to recognise the content, you were already bookmarked

there is a large missing image on the ideas page. and I wish the circuitboard didn't repeat. or peak over the top and bottom. but then i'm picking a bit...
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com