Bypass circuit DPDT using H11F1 optocoupler

Started by Ice-9, July 31, 2012, 08:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice-9

Ok so it's not a new idea as it has been used in many pedals to get what I would describe as "Almost TB and LED using DPDT" Here is a little circuit I have been messing around with and have had good results. I decided to go this route on an effect that needed stereo outs because I didn't want to use 4PDT or relays for bypass.

Anyway here is a hand scribled schematic of the circuit if anyone wants to mess around with the idea. H11F1 optocouplers are still available in the UK through RS components at about 80p each.

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Ice-9

Quote from: Ice-9 on July 31, 2012, 08:27:04 AM
Ok so it's not a new idea as it has been used in many pedals to get what I would describe as "Almost TB and LED using DPDT" Here is a little circuit I have been messing around with and have had good results. I decided to go this route on an effect that needed stereo outs because I didn't want to use 4PDT or relays for bypass and with this was able to use a 3PDT for stereo TB.

Anyway here is a hand scribled schematic of the circuit if anyone wants to mess around with the idea. H11F1 optocouplers are still available in the UK through RS components at about 80p each.

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

gtr2

Like this  ;D but no transistor necessary.  I've got an interest thread over at madbeans for them.

Josh

R.G.

Clinton Bypass

geofex.com, Technology of Bypasses
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Ice-9

The voodoo labs bypass uses the the no transistor circuit as well but I used the transistor so that the indicator diode current does not go through the optocoupler maybe adding noise , right or wrong i'm not sure.

R.G. I was aware of the Clinton and Millenium info at your Geofex site but thought it was worth saying it again on this forum. (which is why I said it was not a new idea)   
www.stanleyfx.co.uk