Eric Johnson Signature Fuzz Face

Started by Paul Marossy, August 22, 2012, 12:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apehouse

Quote from: joegagan on August 23, 2012, 12:17:49 PM
the last time i saw EJ here in NM, his lead tone was soft, mushy and uninspired. i have heard him get some great FF tones on studio recordings, but i think his live rig suffers from the myopia of his perfectionism.  and, like the emperor wearing new clothes, no one has the heart to tell him his lead tone lacks balls.

Was that like 3 or so years ago when he came through with Joe Satriani? That was my one and only time seeing EJ and i was not very impressed..
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" -Aldous Huxley

joegagan

no, this would have been around 05 at the kimo theatre.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Apehouse

Wow, my foggy head is waaaay off.
I just texted my ex girlfriend and she said the show with Satriani and Johnson that we went to was May of 06 at the Kiva

I remember being absolutely fascinated watching all Satriani's different techniques. Made me feel like all i do is pick and pluck
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" -Aldous Huxley

Paul Marossy

I sure would like to see Albuquerque again some day. I moved away from there in 1980. I bet it's changed a lot since I lived there.