First one out of the gate in trapezoidland!

Started by Mark Hammer, September 24, 2012, 09:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

I was wondering which pedal maker would be first out of the gate to use the recently released trapezoidal cast aluminum boxes from Hammond.

And the winner is.....

Govmnt_Lacky

I don't think those are "Hammond" enclosures.

They don't have the right proportions to be Hammonds.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

John Lyons

They don't look like any Hammond traps I've seen either.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

R O Tiree

Google "Hammond Trapezoid"... lots of hits @ mouser, etc
...you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way...

.Mike

Those aren't the new Hammond trapezoid enclosures. They're too narrow at the end. The Hammonds are 2.42" at the narrow end. These look to be a lot less than that.

Anyone else think trapezoid enclosures with the jacks on the side are a bad idea? The plugs are angled towards the user, and with the input so close to the front, they look more likely to be kicked.

I think the trapezoid enclosures need to have their jacks mounted on the top.

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

R O Tiree

...you fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way...

DougH

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

runmikeyrun

what happens when you complete the circle and have nowhere to plug in your cables from the guitar and to the amp?
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

reverberation66

I've been using those hammond trapezoid enclosures for months, they've actually been out for quite a while.  I'm kind of bored with them at this point and have found some other enclosures that better suit my purposes but I still think they look pretty cool.  Sort of in the same vein as those old astrotone boxes or other oddball stuff.  These are definitely not hammonds.

Skreddy

Not sure if I like the look of those silver plastic knobs...

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Keppy

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley