Are there any vibrato vero layouts?

Started by nightendday, September 27, 2012, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightendday

Now I've scoured the googles, and pages upon pages of vero layouts, but I could not find a vibrato anywhere. I recently played the maggie, made by keith from BYOC, and I freakin' loved the thing. Anything similar, or even more whacky in the DIY stores?

Scruffie

There's vero layouts for the Tri-Vibe & Easy Vibe around.

nocentelli

The Magnavibe is a simple, but great sounding vibrato:

Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

oldschoolanalog

Any flanger. Subtract the clean signal from the mixed output ("wet" output only). Voila! Pitch bending. :icon_cool:
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

nocentelli

I get the impression flanger vero layouts are even rarer than vibrato layouts.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

Pyr0

Quote from: nocentelli on September 27, 2012, 06:02:01 PM
I get the impression flanger vero layouts are even rarer than vibrato layouts.

Not really  ;D

ADA Flanger on vero from Sabrotone.

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 27, 2012, 11:54:42 PM
+1 on the magnavibe!! ;)

Yea, I love the magnavibe. I'm making one for the local music store owner and he's a total tone snob.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Scruffie

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on September 27, 2012, 05:44:08 PM
Any flanger. Subtract the clean signal from the mixed output ("wet" output only). Voila! Pitch bending. :icon_cool:
Or phaser or chorus.

But the tri-vibe is pitch bending vibrato, specifically designed for vibrato and there was a vero layout, search through the Tri-Vibe thread.

pinkjimiphoton

BUT... (he said)

the magnavibe is wicked easy, it worked out of the gate and was my first vero build i think...

use jumbo led's and damn near any photoresistor...easy breezy..
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

oldschoolanalog

Just listened to sound clips of the suggested builds. I would recommend doing so also. For versatility and uniqueness the Tri-Vibe is the most impressive to me.
Simple build too!
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

justing

I've built the Tri-Vibe twice - once on perf and once on pcb.  I was mostly after the vibrato but thought the 'swirl' and 'whirl' would be nice to have too.  For some reason the non-vibrato modes always had a noticeably strange (not good) EQ curve that was quite distinct from the unprocessed signal.  It made those modes unusable to me, they sounded really "hollow" for lack of a better word, pretty much all the mids were gone.  I'm not as adept as many here and couldn't figure out how to rectify that so I just use it for vibrato.

Anyway, the vibrato mode sounds good.  It doesn't get too wide or crazy, but what it does, it does well.  I haven't tried the Magnavibe but I hear good things and I'd like to build one one of these days to satisfy my vibrato needs in a smaller package.

scuzzphut

Going to pitch in with support for the Magnavibe.
Easy, works well, good vero layout.