Diy regulated power supply

Started by JebemMajke, October 16, 2012, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRB

depends on the pedals, I have seen distortion pedals that drain as little as 10mA and distortions that drain over 150mA's. The only way to really know for sure is to measure the power consumption of the pedals.
Maybe a bit late but have you had a look at the L200 voltage regulator? I used 2 of them in my power supply they allow you to dial in the voltage you want from them trough the use of a potmeter and if I remember correctly they automatically shut off at 1A so they don't burn up.

JebemMajke

Any tip on how to measure the power consumption?
I guess I would be using 24v to power 3 different fet preamps ( not used at the same time ), 12v for high gain fet preamp and 9v for delay or for fuzz face/fuzz factory.

Minion

Two ways ......
hard way ... look at the schematics of each curcuit and use superior math and electroncs skills to calculate the current draw .....

Easy way .... Use your DMM on the current setting and measure the current draw from each effect .......

my totally unscientific method for estimating currect draw from an effect curcuit is to allow 10ma for an opamp and 5ma for a small signal transistor , but totally unscientific .....
Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!